When you’ve decided to sell your home, it seems that items are constantly being added to your already lengthy to-do list. Finding time to prepare your house for sale can sometimes feel like an impossible task. To help ensure the transition from “For Sale” to “Sold” is a smooth one, here’s a list of the top five tips to consider:
1. Maintenance: While it’s easy to put off large tasks such as cleaning the gutters, painting the window frames and power washing the siding, completing these tasks will help freshen up the exterior of your home and ensure potential buyers are left with a great first impression!
2. De-Clutter: De-cluttering is a simple and important step while preparing your home for sale and best of all, it’s free! A fresh, clean and organized space can make your home appear larger and is far more appealing to potential buyers. By de-cluttering now, it will save you both time and stress when it comes time to move.
3. Rent a Storage Unit: This tip is not always necessary, however, de-personalizing your home before selling will allow potential buyers to picture themselves living in the space. Go through each room, and remove any personal items, photos, etc. to store away until you can re-introduce them into your new home.
4. Choose Neutral Colours: Painting your home can be expensive, however, adding a fresh coat of neutral paint will freshen up your homes interior, making it feel brand new and can also potentially provide a large return on your investment – up to 112%!
5. Curb Appeal: When buyers are hunting for their dream home, curb appeal can be the deciding factor on whether or not they want to take a closer look inside. Try replacing old door hardware, changing outdoor light bulbs, adding some colour to your garden and giving the lawn a trim to set your listing apart from the others on the block.
Try these tips when preparing to sell your home! Although each of these items may seem like large, overwhelming tasks, we promise they will pay off in the long run when your home is sold!