Our team at the RE/MAX Colonial Pacific office in White Rock experienced it first-hand. We all definitely agree: Canadian real estate surprised everyone in 2020.
While the markets closed the year with red-hot, record-breaking activity, the year also brought financial upheaval, much uncertainty, and renewed forecasts of a bursting housing bubble.
As we move forward into the new year, here’s a look back at 2020’s top Canadian housing market headlines from the RE/MAX blog.
Click on the headlines below to read the full story.
- Canadian average home prices expected to increase by 3.7% in 2020
- Canada’s severe housing shortage continues
- COVID-19 prompts lockdowns
- Socially distanced real estate transactions
- Bank of Canada drops key interest rate
- No nosedive ahead for Canadian real estate
- Promise in areas of Europe, US gives Canadian housing market hope
- Canadian recreational property markets take the spotlight
- Urban condo activity takes a hit
- US interest in Canadian real estate rises
- Canadian real estate prices rising, despite second wave of COVID-19
- Canadian cities with the most housing starts country-wide
Read the full RE/MAX blog here